To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Orthopedic Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The classic: Report of the Committee on Suits for Malpractice. 1879.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009; 467: 328-338
- Lessons regarding the safety of orthopaedic patient care: an analysis of four hundred and sixty-four closed malpractice claims.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: e201-e208
- Malpractice risk according to physician specialty.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 629-636
- Identifying and addressing physicians at high risk for medical malpractice claims.in: Youngberg B. Principles of risk management and patient safety. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc., Sudbury2012: 347-368
- Personal consequences of malpractice lawsuits on American surgeons.J Am Coll Surg. 2011; 213: 657-667
- All trauma surgeons are not created equal: asymmetric distribution of malpractice claims risk.J Trauma. 2010; 69: 549-554
- Medicolegal aspects of the orthopaedic care for shoulder injuries.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2005; 433: 58-64
- An analysis of orthopaedic liability in the acute care setting.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2003; 407: 59-66
- Paid malpractice claims for adverse events in inpatient and outpatient settings.JAMA. 2011; 305: 2427-2431
- Patient complaints and malpractice risk.JAMA. 2002; 287: 2951-2957
- Patient complaints and malpractice risk in a regional healthcare center.South Med J. 2007; 100: 791-796
- Use of Unsolicited Patient Observations to Identify Surgeons With Increased Risk for Postoperative Complications.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 522-529
- Development of an early identification and response model of malpractice prevention.Law Contemp Probl. 1997; 60: 7-29
- Medical malpractice claims risk in urology: an empirical analysis of patient complaint data.J Urol. 2010; 183: 1971-1976
- Unsolicited Patient Complaints in Ophthalmology: An Empirical Analysis from a Large National Database.Ophthalmology. 2016; 123: 234-241
- An intervention model that promotes accountability: peer messengers and patient/family complaints.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf/Jt Comm Resour. 2013; 39: 435-446
- Unsolicited Patient Complaints among Otolaryngologists.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2019; 160: 810-817
- Association between ophthalmologist age and unsolicited patient complaints.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2018; 136: 1-7
- Review of successful litigation against english health trusts in the treatment of adults with orthopaedic pathology: clinical governance lessons learned.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010; 92: e36
Published online: September 13, 2022
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.