Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Orthopedic Clinics
- Greater trochanteric pain syndrome: defining the clinical syndrome.Br J Sports Med. 2013; 47: 649-653
- Abductor tendon tears of the hip.JBJS Rev. 2018; 6: 1-7
- Anatomy and dimensions of the gluteus medius tendon insertion.Arthroscopy. 2008; 24: 130-136
- MRI and US of gluteal tendinopathy in greater trochanteric pain syndrome.Eur Radiol. 2007; 17: 1772-1783
- The management of greater trochanteric pain syndrome: a systematic literature review.J Orthop. 2016; 13: 15-28
- Treatment of gluteal tendinopathy: a systematic review and stage-adjusted treatment recommendation.Orthop J Sport Med. 2021; 9: 1-12
- Gluteus medius tears of the hip: a comprehensive approach.Phys Sportsmed. 2019; 47: 15-20
- Utility of clinical tests to diagnose MRI-confirmed gluteal tendinopathy in patients presenting with lateral hip pain.Br J Sports Med. 2017; 51: 519-524
- MRI diagnosis of tears of the hip abductor tendons (gluteus medius and gluteus minimus).AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2004; 182: 137-143
- The diagnostic accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasonography in gluteal tendon tears--a systematic review.Hip Int. 2011; 21: 637-645
- Lateral elbow tendinopathy: development of a pathophysiology-based treatment algorithm.Orthop J Sport Med. 2016; 4https://doi.org/10.1177/2325967116670635
- Reliability of a novel scoring system for mri assessment of severity in gluteal tendinopathy: the melbourne hip MRI score.Orthop J Sport Med. 2021; 9https://doi.org/10.1177/2325967121998389
- Education plus exercise versus corticosteroid injection use versus a wait and see approach on global outcome and pain from gluteal tendinopathy: prospective, single blinded, randomised clinical trial.BMJ. 2018; 361https://doi.org/10.1136/BMJ.K1662
- Gluteal loading versus sham exercises to improve pain and dysfunction in postmenopausal women with greater trochanteric pain syndrome: a randomized controlled trial.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2018; 27: 815-829
- Autologous tenocyte injection for the treatment of chronic recalcitrant gluteal tendinopathy: a prospective pilot study.Orthop J Sport Med. 2017; 5https://doi.org/10.1177/2325967116688866
- Focused extracorporeal shock wave therapy for greater trochanteric pain syndrome with gluteal tendinopathy: a randomized controlled trial.Clin Rehabil. 2019; 33: 670-680
- Clinical and functional outcomes after augmented hip abductor tendon repair.Hip Int. 2018; 28: 74-83
- Both open and endoscopic gluteal tendon repairs lead to functional improvement with similar failure rates: a systematic review.J ISAKOS. 2021; 6: 28-34
- Surgery for greater trochanteric pain syndrome after total hip replacement confers a poor outcome.Int Orthop. 2018; 42: 77-85
- Tendon disorders after total hip arthroplasty: evaluation and management.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 3249-3255
- Restoration of leg length and offset correlates with trochanteric pain syndrome in total hip arthroplasty.Sci Rep. 2020; 10: 7107
- Asymptomatic gluteal tendinopathies negatively impact outcomes of total hip arthroplasty: a propensity score-matched study.J Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: 242-249
- Pyriformis syndrome in relation to sciatic pain.Am J Surg. 1947; 73: 355-358
Foster MR. Piriformis syndrome. Orthopedics 2002;25(8):821–5.
Wun-Schen C. Bipartite piriformis muscle: an unusual cause of sciatic nerve entrapment. Pain 1994;58(2):269–72.
Beauchesne RP, Schutzer SF. Myositis ossificans of the piriformis muscle: an unusual cause of piriformis syndrome. A case report. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1997;79(6):906–10.
Pace JB, Nagle D. Piriform syndrome. West J Med 1976;124(6):435–9.
Shah SS, Consuegra JM, Subhawong TK, et al. Epidemiology and etiology of secondary piriformis syndrome: A single-institution retrospective study. J Clin Neurosci 2019;59:209–12.
Bartret AL, Beaulieu CF, Lutz AM. Is it painful to be different? Sciatic nerve anatomical variants on MRI and their relationship to piriformis syndrome. Eur Radiol 2018;28(11):4681–6.
Tonley JC, Yun SM, Kochevar RJ, et al. Treatment of an individual with piriformis syndrome focusing on hip muscle strengthening and movement reeducation: a case report. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 2010;40(2):103–11.
Shahzad M, Rafique N, Shakil-Ur-Rehman S, et al. Effects of ELDOA and post-facilitation stretching technique on pain and functional performance in patients with piriformis syndrome: A randomized controlled trial. J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil 2020;33(6):983–8.
Hanania M, Kitain E. Perisciatic injection of steroid for the treatment of sciatica due to piriformis syndrome. Reg Anesth Pain Med 1998;23(2):223–8.
Bardowski EA, Byrd JWT. Piriformis Injection: An Ultrasound-Guided Technique. Arthrosc Tech 2019;8(12):e1457–e61.
Lang AM. Botulinum toxin type B in piriformis syndrome. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2004;83(3):198–202.
Fishman LM, Konnoth C, Rozner B. Botulinum neurotoxin type B and physical therapy in the treatment of piriformis syndrome: a dose-finding study. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2004;83(1):42-50; quiz 1–3.
Öztürk GT, Erden E, Ulašlı AM. Effects of ultrasound-guided platelet rich plasma injection in patients with piriformis syndrome. J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil 2021.
Fusco P, Di Carlo S, Scimia P, et al. Ultrasound-guided Dry Needling Treatment of Myofascial Trigger Points for Piriformis Syndrome Management: A Case Series. J Chiropr Med. 2018;17(3):198–200.
- Surgical treatment of piriformis syndrome.Clin Orthop Surg. 2017; 9: 136-144
- Endoscopic release of the piriformis tendon and sciatic nerve exploration.J Hip Preserv Surg. 2018; 5: 301-306
- Does endoscopic piriformis tenotomy provide safe and complete tendon release? A cadaver study.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2018; 104: 1193-1197
- Surgical and non-surgical treatment options for piriformis syndrome: a literature review.Anesth Pain Med. 2021; 11: e112825
- Iliopsoas irritation as presentation of head-neck corrosion after total hip arthroplasty: a case series.Orthop Clin North Am. 2015; 46: 461-468
- Ilio-psoas impingement with a dual-mobility liner: an original case report and review of literature.SICOT J. 2020; 6: 27
- Irritation der Iliopsoassehne nach totalendoprothetischem Hüftgelenkersatz [Irritation of the iliopsoas tendon after total hip arthroplasty].Orthopade. 2007; 36: 746-751
- The transverse acetabular ligament: an aid to orientation of the acetabular component during primary total hip replacement: a preliminary study of 1000 cases investigating postoperative stability.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006; 88: 883-886
- Arthroscopic release of iliopsoas tendon in patients with femoro-acetabular impingement: clinical results at mid-term follow-up.Muscles Ligaments Tendons J. 2016; 6: 378-383
- Outcomes after fluoroscopy-guided iliopsoas bursa injection for suspected iliopsoas tendinopathy.Eur Radiol. 2015; 25: 865-871
- Iliopsoas release: a systematic review of clinical efficacy and associated complications.Clin J Sport Med. 2021; 31: 522-529
- A systematic review of arthroscopic versus open tenotomy of iliopsoas tendonitis after total hip replacement.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 1332-1339
- Endoscopic tenotomy for iliopsoas tendinopathy following total hip arthroplasty can relieve pain regardless of acetabular cup overhang or anteversion.Arthroscopy. 2021; 37: 2820-2829
- Technique to treat iliopsoas irritation after total hip replacement: Thickening of articular hip capsule through an abridged direct anterior approach.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2015; 101: 973-976
- Imaging of rectus femoris proximal tendinopathies.Skeletal Radiol. 2016; 45: 889-897
- Rectus femoris tendinopathy.in: Bisciotti G. Volpi P. The lower limb tendinopathies. Springer, Cham, Switzerland2016: 67-84
- Post-traumatic ossifications of the rectus femoris: arthroscopic treatment and clinical outcome after 2 years.Injury. 2018; 49: S100-S104
- Rectus femoris muscle injuries in football: a clinically relevant review of mechanisms of injury, risk factors and preventive strategies.Br J Sports Med. 2013; 47: 359-366
- Acute calcific tendinitis of the rectus femoris associated with intraosseous involvement: a case report with serial CT and MRI findings.Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2013; 23: S233-S239
- Endoscopic Surgical Removal of Calcific Tendinitis of the Rectus Femoris: Surgical Technique.Arthrosc Tech. 2015; 4: e365-e369
- Suture anchor repair of proximal rectus femoris avulsions in elite football players.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2015; 23: 2590-2594
- Rare case of symptomatic calcific tendinopathy of the origin of rectus femoris tendon.BMJ Case Rep. 2020; 13: e236809