Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Utilization rates of knee-arthroplasty in OECD countries.Osteoarthr Cartil. 2015; 23: 1664-1673
- Projections of primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States from 2005 to 2030.J Bone Jt Surg - Ser A. 2007; https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.F.00222
- Preoperative skin disinfection methodologies for reducing prosthetic joint infections.J Knee Surg. 2014; https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0034-1371771
- Periprosthetic joint infection.Lancet. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(14)61798-0
- Searching for Evidence Regarding Using Preoperative Disinfection Showers to Prevent Surgical Site Infections: A Systematic Review.Worldviews Evidence-based Nurs. 2011; https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1741-6787.2010.00201.x
- Periprosthetic joint infection: The economic impact of methicillin-resistant infections.J Arthroplasty. 2010; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2010.04.011
- Patient-related risk factors for periprosthetic joint infection and postoperative mortality following total hip arthroplasty in medicare patients.J Bone Jt Surg - Ser A. 2012; https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.K.00072
- Estimating risk in medicare patients with THA: An electronic risk calculator for periprosthetic joint infection and mortality hip.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-012-2605-z
- Economic evaluation of chlorhexidine cloths on healthcare costs due to surgical site infections following total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2013; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2013.02.026
- Economic burden of periprosthetic joint infection in the united states.J Arthroplasty. 2012; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2012.02.022
- Infection burden in total hip and knee arthroplasties: an international registry-based perspective.Arthroplast Today. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artd.2017.05.003
- Guideline for Prevention of Surgical Site Infection, 1999. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee.Am J Infect Control. 1999; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0196-6553(99)70088-X
- Microbiology of the skin and the role of biofilms in infection.Int Wound J. 2012; https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1742-481X.2011.00836.x
- Surgical considerations of endogenous infections--sources, types, and methods of control.Surg Clin North Am. 1968; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0039-6109(16)38448-1
- The production of subcutaneous staphylococcal skin lesions in mice.Br J Exp Pathol. 1965; 46: 254-262
- Recent Advances in the Basic Orthopedic Sciences: Osteoarthritis, Infection, Degenerative Disc Disease, Tendon Repair and Inherited Skeletal Diseases.Recent Adv Orthop. 2014; https://doi.org/10.5005/jp.books.12346_17
- Comparative of a new and innovative 2% chlorhexidine gluconate-impregnated cloth with 4% chlorhexidine gluconate as topical antiseptic for preparation of the skin prior to surgery.Am J Infect Control. 2007; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2006.06.012
- Pre-admission Cutaneous Chlorhexidine Preparation Reduces Surgical Site Infections In Total Hip Arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2013; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2012.07.015
- Chlorhexidine reduces infections in knee arthroplasty.J Knee Surg. 2013; https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0032-1329232
- The mechanism of action of chlorhexidine.FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1992; https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-1097(92)90211-6
- Chlorhexidine gluconate”, poisoning and toxicology handbook.4th edition. Informa, Boca Raton, FL2008: 183-184
- Chlorhexidine–Alcohol versus Povidone–Iodine for Surgical-Site Antisepsis.N Engl J Med. 2010; https://doi.org/10.1056/nejmoa0810988
- The value of whole body disinfection in the prevention of postoperative wound infection in clean and potentially contaminated surgery. A prospective, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial.Surg Res Commun. 1992; 12: 43-52
- Do preoperative chlorhexidine baths reduce the risk of infection after vascular reconstruction?.Eur J Vasc Surg. 1989; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0950-821X(89)80068-4
- A placebo-controlled trial of the effect of two preoperative baths or showers with chlorhexidine detergent on postoperative wound infection rates.J Hosp Infect. 1987; https://doi.org/10.1016/0195-6701(87)90143-5
- A comparison of the effects of preoperative whole-body bathing with detergent alone and with detergent containing chlorhexidine gluconate on the frequency of wound infections after clean surgery.J Hosp Infect. 1988; https://doi.org/10.1016/0195-6701(88)90083-7
- Randomized Controlled Trial of the Effectiveness of Chlorhexidine Showers Before Elective Plastic Surgical Procedures.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009; https://doi.org/10.1086/592980
- The effect of washing with chlorhexidine soap on wound infection rate in general surgery. A controlled clinical study.Ann Chir Gynaecol. 1987; 76: 263-265
- The effect of nurse-performed preoperative skin preparation on postoperative surgical site infections in abdominal surgery.J Clin Nurs. 2009; https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2009.02885.x
- Wound Infection Following Vasectomy.Br J Urol. 1983; https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-410X.1983.tb03371.x
- The levels of evidence and their role in evidence-based medicine.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011; https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0b013e318219c171
- Evaluation of Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG) Delivered to the Skin Following Standard Pre-Op Prepping Protocols of 4% CHG Solution Versus No-Rinse 2% CHG Cloth.Am J Infect Control. 2007; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2007.04.016
- Differential Effects of Chlorhexidine Skin Cleansing Methods on Residual Chlorhexidine Skin Concentrations and Bacterial Recovery.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1017/ice.2017.312
- No Clear Benefit of Chlorhexidine Use at Home Before Surgical Preparation.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2018; https://doi.org/10.5435/JAAOS-D-16-00866
- Preoperative Shower Revisited: Can High Topical Antiseptic Levels Be Achieved on the Skin Surface Before Surgical Admission?.J Am Coll Surg. 2008; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2007.12.054
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate Reduces Transmission of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus USA300 among Marine Recruits.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012; https://doi.org/10.1086/666631
- Preadmission application of 2% chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG): Enhancing patient compliance while maximizing skin surface concentrations.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1017/ice.2015.303
- Advance pre-operative chlorhexidine reduces the incidence of surgical site infections in knee arthroplasty.Int Orthop. 2011; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-010-1078-5
- Does Preadmission Cutaneous Chlorhexidine Preparation Reduce Surgical Site Infections After Total Knee Arthroplasty?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-016-4767-6
- Patient Compliance with Preoperative Disinfection Protocols for Lower Extremity Total Joint Arthroplasty.Surg Technol Int. 2015; 26: 351-354
- A Randomized, Clinical Trial of Preadmission Chlorhexidine Skin Preparation for Lower Extremity Total Joint Arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2016.05.043
- Presurgical skin preparation with a novel 2% chlorhexidine gluconate cloth reduces rates of surgical site infection in orthopaedic surgical patients.Orthop Nurs. 2009; https://doi.org/10.1097/NOR.0b013e3181a469db
- No infection reduction using chlorhexidine wipes in total joint arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-013-2920-z
Hogenmiller J.R., Hamilton J., Clayman T., et al., Preventing Orthopedic Total Joint Replacement Surgical Site Infections through a Comprehensive Best Practice Bundle/Checklist. Poster presented at: APIC National Conference; June 2011; Baltimore, MD.
Worden C, Pihl D. Decreasing Surgical Site Infections (SSIs) by implementing a Nurse Driven Preoperative Protocol in a high risk surgical population. Poster presented at: APIC National Conference; June 2017; Portland, OR.
- Preoperative chlorhexidine preparation and the incidence of surgical site infections after hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2010; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2010.04.012
- Does Preadmission Cutaneous Chlorhexidine Preparation Reduce Surgical Site Infections After Total Hip Arthroplasty?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-016-4748-9
Brown L, Shelly M, Greene L, Pettis AM, Romig S. The Effect of Universal Intranasal Povidone Iodine Antisepsis on Total Joint Replacement Surgical Infections. Poster presented at: APIC National Conference; June 2017; Anaheim, CA.
- Efficacy of preoperative home use of 2% chlorhexidine gluconate cloth before shoulder surgery.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2011; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2011.02.018
- Effectiveness of 2% CHG Cloth Bathing for Reducing Surgical Site Infections.AORN J. 2013; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aorn.2013.02.009
- Effect of 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate-Impregnated Cloth on Surgical Site Infections in Vascular Surgery.Ann Vasc Surg. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.avsg.2016.11.011
- Study To Reduce Infection Prior to Elective Cesarean Deliveries (STRIPES): a randomized clinical trial of chlorhexidine.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 223: 113.e1-113.e11
Baxter M, Ables E, Allison R, Boren V, Brown B, Davis B, et al. Quality Improvement Program Ensures Preoperative Adherence to CDC SSI Prevention Guidelines and Reduces Orthopedic SSIs 66%. Poster presented at: IHI 21st Annual National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care; December 2009; Orlando, FL.